How to Choose a Nanny From Agencies
Choosing a nanny is no easy task. After all, it is a question of your child’s well being, care and development. That is the reason nanny agency in London, present a handy how-to that you can use while choosing a nanny from agencies.
- Know your child’s needs: Before you hire a nanny, even if it is from one of the best nanny agency in London has to offer, you need to know and understand your child’s needs. A few things to take into considerations are:
- How many of your children will the nanny be responsible for?
- What is the age difference between them?
- Do any of the children have any special needs?
- Any allergy or medical condition that the child faces?
- What is their day to day routine?
- What is the schedule of their school, training and activities?
- Understand your requirements: Another set of questions that you need to ask are not about your child’s requirements but what are your expectations and requirements out of the nanny. Before you approach an agency, you and your partner need to sit down and discuss, among other things, the following:
- How are the kids supposed to spend their time during the day?
- What are the house rules that need to be enforced?
- Any restrictions on Televisions, computers, video games, staying outside, bedtime, etc.
- What are the foods the child is allowed to have? What are things to be avoided or are restricted? What are the items that are strictly forbidden?
- What are the developmental areas that need to be worked on? For example the child’s social skills, school work, speech, manners and etiquettes, etc.
- The time duration for which nanny will stay with the children? Live in? After school? A few hours every day?
- Choose the agency: Once you know what you want and what your children need, move on to choosing an agency. While doing so, review and check the following points:
- What associations are they a part of or accredited by? Associations like INA and others ensure that each member agency adheres to strict standards.
- What are their application criteria and the onboarding process? This will help you understand the qualifications that the nannies hold and the reasons why certain applicants are rejected.
- What kind of customer service they provide?
- What is the background check process they use while screening the nannies?
- Talk to their references, past customers, etc. and get their reviews first hand.
- Communicate: After choosing an agency, you need to make sure you communicate your expectations and your child’s requirement to the agency thoroughly. This will help them find you a nanny that is well suited for you.
- Trial or talk: A few agencies allow a one-day trial work for the nanny. Others let you talk to the nanny so that both the parties understand each other well. This is the time for you to not only ask the correct questions but also to explain your requirements and rules to the nanny thoroughly. If it is a trial day, observe the nanny well to see if she is a good match for the house and kids or not.
- Sign a proper contract: Once the agency gets you in touch with a nanny meeting your needs, you, the nanny and the agency all need to sign a contract that stipulates, the terms of work and includes things like the payment agreement, the nanny, the agency and your terms, confidentiality agreement, etc.
There is no single checklist that all parents can use while hiring a nanny. Like we believe and always say, every child is unique and so are their needs. This is the reason the first step in choosing a nanny is to know your children’s needs and understand your own requirements. Once you have that covered, you will find it a lot easier to find a caregiver in a nanny agency London, whom you can trust with the most important things of your life: your children.